Valent Projects, we, our, ours or us refers to Valent Projects Limited, the owner and operator of this website.
Data Controller, Data Processor and Personal Data are defined in the applicable Data Protection Laws.
Data Protection Laws means any laws and regulations in the UK relating to privacy or the use or processing of data relating to natural persons, including: (a) EU Directives 95/46/EC and 2002/58/EC (as amended by 2009/136/EC) and any legislation implementing or made pursuant to such directives, including (in the UK) the Data Protection Act 2018 (the DPA) and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003; and (b) EU Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR); and (c) any laws or regulations ratifying, implementing, adopting, supplementing or replacing GDPR or DPA and in each case as amended or replaced from time to time.
Services refers to the applications, services, and websites (marketing and product) provided by Valent Projects. Valent Projects may, from time to time, introduce new products and services.
- Information We Collect and Receive
- How We Use the Information We Collect and Receive
- Analytics, Cookies and Other Web Site Technologies
- Information Sharing
- Accessing Your Data
- Changes to this Statement/Contact Us
- Contacting Valent Projects
1. Information We Collect and Receive
We collect several different types of information in various ways.
On this website:
We use a contact form on our website which will send us an email with your name and e-mail address).
The website also uses a widget that allows You to subscribe to Our substack.
In our CRM application, Notion:
From our customers:
We provide two types of services: (i) a research-based service (where people conduct research into specific social media activity, in order to provide a report to the customer) and (ii) access to a SaaS service.
Our customer contracts and the SaaS subscription agreement include terms that regulate the collection and use of personal data.
2. How We Use the Information We Collect and Receive
3. Analytics, Cookies and Other Web Site Technologies
Valent Projects is continuously improving our websites and products by using various third-party web analytics tools, which help us understand how visitors use our websites, desktop tools, and mobile applications, what they like and dislike, and where they may have problems. We maintain ownership of this data and do not share this type of data about individual users with third parties.
Geolocation and Other Data:
We use information such as IP addresses to determine the general geographic locations of our visitors. The web beacons used in conjunction with these web analytics tools may gather data such as what browser or operating system a person uses, as well as, domain names, MIME types, and what content, products and Services are reviewed or downloaded when visiting or registering for Services at our website or social media accounts.
We use Google Analytics as described in “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps.” You can prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics on websites by installing the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on here. We also employ IP address masking, a technique used to truncate IP addresses collected by Google Analytics and store them in an abbreviated form to prevent them from being traced back to individual users. Portions of our website may also use Google Analytics for Display Advertisers including DoubleClick or Dynamic Remarketing which provide interest-based ads based on your visit to this or other websites. You can use Ads Settings to manage the Google ads you see and opt-out of interest-based ads. You can opt-out of use of this information as described below.
Examples of Cookies We Use:
|We use these cookies to operate our websites.
|Some cookies are essential for the operation of Valent Projects websites. If a user chooses to disable these cookies, the user will not be able to access all of the content and features.
|We use these cookies to remember your preferences.
|These cookies are used to serve you with advertisements that may be relevant to you and your interests.
|These cookies are used for general security purposes and user authentication.
|We use security cookies to authenticate users, prevent fraudulent use of login credentials, and protect user data from access by unauthorised parties.
4. Information Sharing
Examples of how we may share information with third-party service providers include:
- Payment processing and fraud prevention
- Sending marketing communications
- Conducting research and analysis
- Providing cloud computing infrastructure
Examples of how we may disclose data for legal reasons include:
- As part of a merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company where customer information will be one of the transferred assets.
- As required by law, for example:
- to protect our rights;
- to protect your safety (or the safety of others);
- to investigate fraud; or
- to respond to a government request.
We may also disclose your personal information to any third party with your prior written consent.
Valent Projects may need to communicate with you for a variety of different reasons, including:
- Responding to your questions and requests. If you contact us with a problem or question, we will use your information to respond.
- Sending you Service and administrative emails and messages. We may contact you to inform you about changes in our Services, our Service offerings, and important Service related notices, such as billing, security and fraud notices. These emails and messages are considered a necessary part of the Services, essential to enable Valent Projects to fulfil its contractual and regulatory obligations.
- Sending emails about new products or other news about Valent Projects that we think you’d like to hear about either from us or from our business partners. You can always opt out of these types of messages at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each communication.
- Conducting surveys. We may use the information gathered in the surveys to enhance and personalize our products, services, and websites.
- Offering referral programs and incentives, which allow you to utilize email, text, or URL links that you can share with friends or colleagues.
6. Accessing Your Data
Where Valent Projects is acting as a data controller, Valent Projects will also, when you request, provide you with information about whether we hold, or process on behalf of a third party, any of your personal information. If Valent Projects is not a data controller for your personal data, you should request this information from the relevant data controller.
We may transfer personal information to companies that help us provide our service, and when we do, these transfers to subsequent third parties are, wherever possible, covered by appropriate transfer agreements. We will retain personal data we process on behalf of our customers as needed to provide Services to our customers and to the extent required for our internal general administration. Also, we will retain this personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Valent Projects follows generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received, however, no security measure is perfect. To the extent that a password is required in relation to the services, you must safeguard your password, as it is one of the easiest ways you can manage the security of your own account – remember that if you lose control over your password, you may lose control over your personal information.
8. Changes to this Statement/Contact Us
9. Contacting Valent Projects
Please contact Valent Projects at firstname.lastname@example.org if:
- we hold personal information about you and you want it to be removed from our database or opt out from receiving communications from us; or
- if we hold personal information about you and you want to opt out from receiving communications from us; or
- if you need assistance in reviewing your information.
Valent Projects will respond to your request within a reasonable time.